( doshas here means the wrong which is responsible for illness and diseases) in our body.
The whole body –heart –soul chemistry foundation is on this dhatus/doshas.
- Three doshas: waatagni ( air), peetagni (bile), kafagni (cough);
- Three excreation doshas : purishagni ( latrine), mutragni( toilet), swedagni( paseena, sweat)
- 7 dhatus i.e rasagni (nectar), rhaktagni ( blood), asthiagni (bone), maansagni ( flesh), shukragni (semen), majjagni (muscles), medagni ( fat)
- Panch tanmatras or the five basic elements i.e. Earth ( prithvi), water ( jala), fire ( teja), air (vayu) and sound (shabda);
( menstrual/ period/discharge related) and tama( unhealthy eating habbits and behaviour) mental Doshas.
WATH, PEET, KAF:
( harsh), halka( light)
Nature which is very similar to Air and the opposite of this nature which are ushna (hot), snigd ( oily, smooth), bhari( heavy), sthul ( fat ), sthir ( stable ), soumya ( soft ); all this destroys the wath.
Peet ( bile) : Nature: snehyukta ( kind ), garam ( hot), tishkna ( sharp ), dravya (material ), amal ( sour ), sir
( head), and katu (harsh ),.
Nature which is opposite to it like snig ( oily/smooth), sheetal ( cool), mridu ( soft ), madhur ( sweet), sthir
( stable ), all this is responsible in destroying or minimizing peet.
Kafa ( cough): Nature: bhari ( heavy), sheetal ( cool), mridu ( soft ), snig ( oily/smooth), madhur( sweet), chipakne wale ( sticky)
Nature opposite of which is responsible in its destruction or minimization of kafa are halka ( light), ushna
( hot/warm), tishkna ( sharp), rhuka( dry), katu ( harsh/cruel), chanchal (unstable ), wishad( unhappiness),
Any nature among all this above mentioned nature of this three doshas if prevails in body for a longer period of time and in excess amount results in unhealthiness. And to recover from this unhealthiness the opposite nature are used or practiced.
Extreme of anything is never good. And extreme is responsible for unhappiness.
For properly understanding wath, peet, kafa we have to understand rasas which was mentioned in Agnis, because rasas are responsible in aggravating or calming this doshas.
RASAS: According to Ayurveda and in this article the rasa which is being talked about is the rasas which is tasted by our tounge. But rasas are also considered in other aspects and in total there are 63 rasas but here
Ayurveda briefly and broadly discuss the 6 main rasas
- madhur ( meetha/sweet)
- aml ( khatta/ sour)
- lavan ( namkin/salty)
- katu ( kadva/bitter)
- tit ( charpara/ chilly)
- kashaya ( kasaila/bitter)
These rasas are also related to pancmahabhut that is five basic elements which is mentioned earlier.
Affect of Rasas:
2.Aml Rasa – this rasa along with earth aggravates kafa doshas and along with fire aggravates peeta doshas by increasing bile in the body.
3.Lavan Rasa – this rasa along with water aggravates kafa doshas and along with fire aggravates peeta doshas.
4.Katu Rasa – along with air aggravates waat doshas and along with fire aggravates peeta doshas.
5.Thikta Rasa – along withair and sky this aggravates waat doshas.
6.Kashaya Rasa – along with air it aggravates waat doshas.
Effect of Rasas:
This whole article is scientific and is completely Ayurveda and most of the facts are directly translated from Shushrut Shahinta and Sharghandhar Sahinta.
So after knowing about the whole Rasa , five basic elements and all the agnis relationship with one another and the way they give birth to doshas , we got to know that the rasa to which we are addicted and whose excess intake results in specific Doshas could be minimized by the intake of Rasas of opposite nature and minimizing the intake of that particular Rasas to which one is addicted. So balancing the body composition by knowing its doshas it is easy to keep you healthy and fit.
Now we will learn to identify Doshas and its symptoms.
- thin, do not gain weight easily
- height is more than average or less than average
- thin neck and thin hair
- physical energy too much or too less
- appetite increase and decrease, not stable
- complain of constipation
- Dry skin
- Cold hands and feet
- Warm weather is favorable and good
- Creative and dream a lot, imaginative
- Active and alert
- Easily learn and forget
- Tension, suspicious, and insecure
- Ever ready and active
- Irregular lifestyle
- Always be determined and say “ everything is good and fine and there is no need to worry about anything”
- Meditation will help in keeping you rooted to earth
- Include your desirable activity or hobby in your daily routine and behavior.
- Average height and body build up, easily gain and loose weight
- Normal height
- Sharp features
- High energy level
- High appetite
- Strong digestion but sometime constipation
- Pinky, oily skin and eyes are bulged in
- Heavy and easy sweat
- Winter weather is favorable and summer is not favorable
- Sharp tongue
- Curious and Inquisitive
- Easily tempered and take tesion
- Easily become sad
- If don’t get food then also they get easily upset and angry
- Bold and competitive
- Always say “ I am giving my best and will do my best rest everything is on God”;
- Regular meditation for controlling anger and doing justice
- Avoid criticizing and accept and learn good things
Now after carefully going through this article, get to know your doshas and start living your life by balancing your doshas.